Would you like to participate in this course next school year 2020-2021? Please make a pre-registration so we can keep you informed about this course.
Dates can be subject to change and are only final after official confirmation by the course provider.
There is a growing diversity in today’s classrooms. More and more pupils come from different backgrounds, speak different languages and have different learning needs.
Camden is a borough in London which is known for its multicultural society and big social differences.
We will visit Netley Primary school and Torriano Primary, two schools that reflect this society each in their own way.
The participants will experience how both schools cope with this diversity and use this diversity to optimize the teacher’s and pupil’s learning.
The participants will be welcomed in the classrooms to observe and talk with teachers, parents and pupils in order to see their work concerning the Global Goals, gender issues and sustainable citizenship.
Day 1: introduction
– Welcome to the course
– Introduction to the UK Education System, The Role of the Local Authority and Ofsted
– Reflection and Evaluation
Day 2: Torriano School
– Welcome and introduction to Torriano school: school profile and vision, objectives, …
– Study visit: how the learning environment supports the vision and ethos
– Lesson observations in different year groups
– Feedback and discussion
– Lunch in school
– Keynote ‘Developing respect, tolerance and understanding in our school community’
– Feedback and evaluation
Day 3: Netley primary school
– Introduction to the school
* School Profile and Diversity
* Who do I want to be?
* Teaching and Learning
– Class visits: observation of teaching and learning
– Meeting with Heads of School and discussion on Inclusion, Language and Communication
– Meet the children
– Lunch in school
– Philosophy for Children
– Year 6 – P4C lesson
– Carousel of discussions
* Early Years
* Working with parents and families
– Reflection and evaluation
We offer 2 packages:
- Study visits only: Price not yet available (oyster card included)
- Full package: Price not yet available
- The tuition fee covers: course material and study visits (oyster card included)
- The accommodation cost covers: the hotel rooms in a double room (breakfast included), the midday lunches during the course.